I can’t believe this is the first time I have invited Eve Ray to do the roundup! We met Eve years back in Bristol, and this year, despite the conference not happening, we got to spend time with her in the lobby of a hotel in Camden, which was really wonderful. You can read Eve’s words on her blog, or follow her on Twitter.
Top 3 for week 419 by Eve Ray
When I was asked to do the roundup this week when the prompt was “feminism” I went hmmmm because feminism is one of those things that mean different things to different people and certain manifestations of it are, well, not exactly sex positive. And this week we have seen a host of vitriolic exchanges between radical feminist (so called) and intersectional feminists over the issue of transgender rights. And the radical feminists who reject the aspirations of transgender people are, in my experience, pretty judgemental about cisgendered women too, particularly those who are into BDSM. This was an area explored in a number of posts, mainly from the perspective of submissive women explaining why a woman can be submissive to a man and also strong and independent. I found all the posts on feminism interesting and thought provoking, but felt a little sad that some of the women posting feel unable to identify as feminist. Maybe that is because of the attitude of the noisy rad fems. There are intersectional feminism that are totally sex and kink positive so may be have a look and see? There were a few stories not linked to the prompt and enjoyed those too.
My top three (in no particular order) were:
- I am a Feminist in 2020 by Deviant Succubus
- Lost In The Shadows by Rantings of a Nonsensical Mind
- Finding Feminism in BDSM by Life of a Kinky Wife
Thank you to everyone who linked this week. All the posts were brilliant and I have enjoyed myself.
Do you believe in magic? The world we exist in is filled with beauty and curious wonders. But do you ever walk through a forest and sense that there is more? Look around you and suspect something more? Maybe you are Wiccan or call yourself a witch. Maybe you love the stories of leprechauns and fairies. Or maybe you are obsessed with Harry Potter. Tell us about the magic in your life. Or why not write a sexy story involving magical creatures or naughty wizards. Share your magic with us!~ Deviant Succubus
As always, you are welcome to link any stories or posts that don’t follow the prompt!
The roundup for this week’s prompt will be done by Deviant Succubus.
- The rules for this meme can be found here and you can download the Wicked Wednesday badge on the same page.
- Don’t forget to add the Wicked Wednesday button to your post, post on your blog and come back here to link your post. You have from the moment the prompt appears until Thursday 3.00 pm CET (Amsterdam time – see countdown in sidebar) to link your post below.
- Please note that it is not compulsory to follow the weekly prompt. It is only here for inspiration when you need it!
- Please make your stories no longer than 1500 words.
Thank you for participating and please, don’t forget to visit and read the other entries too! We all love to receive comments on our entries. Spread the love!