I always think C.P. McClennan – Stranded in Toronto – needs no introduction, because it feels like I have known him forever, and I know a lot of the sex bloggers know him too. I am a huge fan of his Savannah series, and I wish he would come back to blog more, because he really is a brilliant writer. He has done the roundup twice before, for prompt 295 (read it here) and prompt 350 (read it here), and if you want to read some of his stories, please visit his blog, and also follow him on Twitter. You won’t regret it!
Top 3 for week 397 by C.P. McClennan
I’ve been here before doing this round up; not my first rodeo, as it were, and the more you do these things the harder it is to get motivated to pick only three.
Why can’t I pick six? At least that’s an even number!
Even Olivia Newton John in her leggings screaming at me to get physical nor Bill Murray in an army uniform pointing at me would get me motivated to choose a small odd number like three.
I blame the writers. We need fewer good ones submitting to make our review jobs easier. You’re all too motivated, if you ask me.
Now that I’ve finished my George Calin-esque rant, here’s my three top motivated picks for this week.
Motivate Me by Queer Courtesan
The words of a coming novel, mental illness, and interdependence really resonate with me. An enjoyable discussion of the process to motivate, as opposed to the results of said motivation.
Mission Lady Mode – My Kind of Motivation by Deviant Succubus
The first sentence caught my eye here, and I usually need some hook in the first paragraph to keep me reading. This talk of radical self-care is extraordinary!…ok, actually it isn’t, it is just something that needs to be spoken of more often.
Motivation by Lilith’s Blog
Competition is one of the biggest motivators and this short piece did something I, myself, love to do in twisting context in the final stanza.
To flaunt is to:
- display (something) ostentatiously, especially in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance;
- dress or behave in a sexually provocative way.
Share your stories on flaunting, whether it was about that one time when you behaved in a sexually provocative way, or the time someone else flaunted and you felt a bit of envy.
As always you are welcome to link stories that don’t follow the prompt!
The roundup for this week’s prompt will be done by Lillith.
- The rules for this meme can be found here and you can download the Wicked Wednesday badge on the same page.
- Don’t forget to add the Wicked Wednesday button to your post, post on your blog and come back here to link your post. You have from the moment the prompt appears until Thursday 3.00 pm CET (Amsterdam time – see countdown in sidebar) to link your post below.
- Please note that it is not compulsory to follow the weekly prompt. It is only here for inspiration when you need it!
- Please make your stories no longer than 1500 words.
Thank you for participating and please, don’t forget to visit and read the other entries too! We all love to receive comments on our entries. Spread the love!
Image by David Mark from Pixabay
This week’s entries: