It’s so lovely to welcome back Bibulous One for the top 3 of Wicked Wednesday. He also did it for week 270 (read it here), and was keen to do it again. If you haven’t read his blog yet, please make sure you do (I’m a fan), and you can also follow him on Twitter.
Top 3 for week 352 by Bibulous One
I really enjoyed reviewing the Wicked Wednesday posts especially as so many of them followed the theme of fear. Fear seems to be a fully developed kink for me and I seek it out in the sessions I arrange with my Mistress. It was interesting to see how others went with the subject.
Many chose to explore their own fears, sharing current or past sources of fear with us. Of these, I found Fear of acceptance from Submissy especially compelling. I really connected with her fear of acceptance, pertinent for me so close to Eroticon. I remember two years ago walking onto that room feeling as though I was from another planet, convinced I would just be “the old guy who sees a Dominatrix.” I feel part of that community now and it’s a joyous thing. I share Missy’s fear of exposure too. It was a great piece of writing.
“NO!” I told myself. “You can’t possibly chose that! It’s too horrible, too dark.” Any yet here is The Fear Factor from May More. I went back to read it two or three times to see if I had imagined just how dark it was. I hadn’t. It’s an x-certificate little horror story full of all kinds of taboo and non-consent. Read it if you dare.
My final pick surprised me most, as it soon became apparent that I was reading a blog my a man who sees sex workers! We (men who write about this) are as rare as, well… something very rare indeed and so I really enjoyed Fear and Anticipation from Old Mike. His writing about his fear and anticipation before a meeting with an escort rings totally true for me. I like his acceptance that the meeting will mean different things for her than for him, and yet: “That laughter has connected us – and we begin to work together to create a few hours of shared pleasure.”
Sounds exactly right. I intend to dig deeper into Mike’s blog and invite him to take a look at mine.
So there you have it: 30 down to three. A lot of really great writing and many wonderful images were left out but you can click on them on the WW352 post.
- … if two or more lines are parallel, the distance between them is the same all along their length.
- … used to describe an event or situation that happens at the same time as and/or is similar to another one.
- … something very similar to something else, or a similarity between two things.
As always you can also link stories that do not follow the prompt!
The roundup for this week’s prompt will be done by Dr. J. Author.
- The rules for this meme can be found here and you can download the Wicked Wednesday badge on the same page.
- Don’t forget to add the Wicked Wednesday button to your post, post on your blog and come back here to link your post. You have from the moment the prompt appears until Thursday 10.00 pm (Amsterdam time) to link your post below.
- Please note that it is not compulsory to follow the weekly prompt. It is only here for inspiration when you need it!
- Please make your stories no longer than 1500 words.
Thank you for participating and please, don’t forget to visit and read the other entries too! We all love to receive comments on our entries. Spread the love!